Ireland-Palestine Scholarship Programme
The IPSP is part of Ireland’s programme of assistance for Palestine, which supports the search for a lasting and just political solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This programme reflects Ireland’s longstanding commitment to the development of a viable, sovereign Palestinian state, as part of a two-state solution. Development of the education sector in Palestine has been a long-standing focus area for Ireland in Palestine. The IPSP aims to further broaden Ireland’s support for educational opportunities available to Palestinians. The Programme provides opportunities for candidates to choose from a wide variety of courses at 25 higher education institutions in Ireland. The scholarships cover tuition fees, flights, accommodation and living expenses.
Applications for the academic year 2022/23 will open in Autumn 2021.
In order to be eligible for the IPSP, candidates must:
- be a Palestinian currently resident in the occupied Palestinian territory, holding a Palestinian or Jerusalem ID;
- have identified and selected three relevant courses from the Ireland-Palestine Scholarship Programme Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses (see below);
- hold a Bachelor’s level qualification from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 75% or 2.67 (or equivalent standard);
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto their chosen Master’s degree course in a higher education institution in Ireland (refer to the rough table of equivalency in the Selection of Course Choices section of the application form);
- be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for a course they have already commenced or which will begin before scholarship awards have been notified;
- not already hold a qualification at Master’s degree level or higher;
- be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year 2021/2022;
- submit with their application a valid English language proficiency score report with a minimum score of 6.5 on IELTS, or 550 on Institutional Testing Program (ITP), or 80 on Internet-based TOEFL (iBT). If all of the previous tests are not obtainable, students are advised to take the test by registering on Duolingo English Test. A minimum score of 110 on Duolingo is required. Please make sure to take a screenshot of the Duolingo results and attach them to the application.
Please note that:
- Prior professional working experience is not required;
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply