Welcoming the 2012-13 Irish Aid Fellows
Fellowships awardees for Ireland 2012-13, pictured at the annual orientation event
A total of 41 scholarships for study in Ireland were awarded for the 2012/13 academic year under two schemes supported by Irish Aid - the Fellowship Training Programme (FTP) and the IDEAS programme.
In addition, up to 29 further scholarships are being provided through the FTP for fellows undertaking regional study, primarily in Tanzania, Uganda and Indonesia.
The breakdown of scholarship awards by country is as follows: Ethiopia 2, Lesotho 1, Malawi 4, Mozambique 3, Tanzania 12, Timor Leste 5, Uganda 9, Vietnam 26 and Zambia 8.
- Fellowship Training Programme awards for Ireland were for Masters programmes in:
- International Criminal Law
- Public Health
- Development Studies
- Gender, Globalisation and Rights
- Humanitarian Action
- Environmental Resource Management
- Women, Gender and Society
- Public Advocacy and Activism
- Human Resource Management
- Sustainable Energy
IDEAS Programme awardees at the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School are studying for either an MBA or one of several specialist MSc courses, including Project Management, Finance and Marketing.